1. Determine VA Benefit Eligibility
- Visit Veterans Affairs to apply for the appropriate VA educational benefits. Complete the Veterans Online Application. Print a copy of the confirmation number.
- For assistance, contact the PSC Veteran Services Office at (850) 484-1670 or call the Department of Veterans Affairs at (888) 442-4551.
1. Apply for admission to Pensacola State College.
- Complete an Application for Admission. You will be required to provide your Social Security Number and a valid personal (non-school) email address.
2. Apply for financial aid.
- Complete your Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA). The PSC School Code: 001513. For assistance with filing the FAFSA, contact the Educational Opportunity Center. Learn more about financial aid here.
- All high school and GED transcripts must be received and evaluated before aid will be awarded.
- In MyPSC, check your Workday Inbox and PSC email for notifications and awards. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office.
4. Submit High School or GED transcripts and test scores.
- Submit official high school/GED and college transcripts. All high school and/or GED transcripts must be received before financial aid will be awarded. The Admissions Office will request high school transcripts for students who graduated from a Florida public high school.
- Submit current official test scores (ACT, SAT, or PERT), take appropriate placement tests, or show proof of exemption.
5. Complete required new student orientation and career assessments.
- All new college students are required to complete the Pirate Path New Student Orientation and Career Assessment. The orientation helps you to learn more about PSC programs and services designed to support your success. Likewise, the Career Assessment will help you to learn more about the programs and careers that best fit your interests and strengths.
6. Meet with your Academic Advisor and register for class.
- Meet with your assigned advisor for course planning and registration. Log into your MyPSC portal to access your Workday Once there, click on the Academics App to locate the name and contact information for your assigned advisor. For more information on advising, visit pensacolastate.edu/current-students/student-services/advising.
7. Pay tuition and fees and purchase textbooks.
- Pay your tuition and fees in Workday, the Cashier’s Office, or by mail.
- Rent or purchase textbooks at pensacolastate.edu/bookstore or visit the Pensacola or Warrington campus locations.
8. Get your free student ID card and parking decal.
- Bring a copy of your class schedule, vehicle registration, and valid photo ID to the Public Safety Department on any campus to get your free parking decal.
- Upload a passport-style photo of yourself in Workday for approval. Once approved, this photo will be used to print your Student ID card. You may also bring a copy of your class schedule and a valid photo ID to the Admissions Center on the Pensacola campus to get your ID card. You may pick up your card on campus or request that it be mailed to your home address.